Sunday 8 April 2007

Water Lily and Thank You Jo!

Well I know I say it every week but this was sooo hard! This weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge was to create a card inspired by a work of art!! i just wasn't sure what to do. I used the links on the Daring Cardmakers website for inspiration and went down the impressionism route and Monet's Water Lily collection stood out, mainly because I had some beautiful lilies in my pond last summer and this is a photo of one of them.
I thought I would be brave and try something different and so using the photo I sketched my own lily, I coloured it in using a combination of paints and chalks with an added teeny weeny bit of gold glitter pen in the centre.

The lily "painting" was on hammered card which I then mounted onto some torn green paper. The card was finished with a band of sheer ribbon.

I am really not sure about the result - but it's something different! But I am definitely no Monet!!!

Sticking with Daring Cardmakers - last weeks challenge was to create a card using only one colour and below was Jo's - she didn't seem to be entirely happy with it, even though it looked absolutely gorgeous - so I made a comment on her blog saying "You can send it to me if you don't want it - he he!!!!"

Well look what arrived in the post yesterday morning!!!!



I liked it on the computer screen but in reality it is even more beautiful, Jo your attention to detail is amazing, you cannot see all the layering in the picture or feel the different textures of the paper, flowers, ribbon, brads, and button and my favourite touch has got to be the cheeky smiling faces on the butterflies! Thank you Jo you really made my day - it is a fabulous card and I am really chuffed that you sent it to me.




Anyway I am off now to recover from a day in the garden and to possibly eat some chocolate! What a glorious day though I hope it's like it again tomorrow.

All the best.
Jayne xx

13 comments:

artfulstampin said...

Lovely colours!

Rhi said...

Such a pretty card Jayne, glad the dare inspired you, Rhi x

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Janye that is gorgeous and so cleverly done to detail.

Andrea xx

Card Bored Kitty! said...

Well done on a lovely and very delicate looking card. I think its beautiful! Well done!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Very beautifully done.

Sam said...

Oh this is so pretty and so clever! Well done!

Jane said...

wow ! Very special ! well done

Jo said...

Your card is so soft and pretty, a really beautiful card :)

I am so glad that the card arrived safely, your photo looks so much better than mine lol. I am really pleased that you liked it :)

jo xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Such a pretty design & very clever.

Sheila said...

Love the water lily. Beautiful card.

Kathy said...

I think your lily card is lovely, there is something special about it, I don't know what it is, but I find it quite captivating to look at.

Tracey said...

Lovely creations Jayne!

BondGirl said...

wow great sketch and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining in